I presented “Get Social Networked & Get Hired” @gradireland in RDS (Wed 15th June 2011). Thanks for attending. I hope you found the presentation useful and took away useful information to help your job search. Below I have outlined the key messages and included related videos/articles. Click here for the presentation slides.
Get Social Networked & Get Hired
- Don’t just LOOK for jobs. You must HUNT for jobs. “JOB HUNT JUNGLE” video explains.
- Social Media helps target advertised and hidden jobs. Remember 70% of jobs are not advertised!!
- Linkedin and Twitter are key tools. Don’t forget to leverage the potential power of Facebook. It is important to continue networking in the real world. You can make new connections online and then bring them into the real world.
- LINKEDIN – Create an impactful Linkedin profile. You must catch the eye of potential decision makers. These videos demonstrate how to do this. “How to create an impactful Linkedin profile – Part 1 & Part 2”. Your Linkedin profile becomes your personal website. The challenge is to generate traffic to your profile. This article will help – “How to become the Pied Piper of Linkedin”.
- FACEBOOK – Facebook can be more than fun. It can help your job search “Facebook for job search”.
- TWITTER – Some simple tips. Use your profile as a marketing platform. Tell people what you do, that you are looking for work and insert your Linkedin profile URL as your website. Then follow, share and engage!!
If you enjoyed the presentation I would appreciate if you could post a comment below!!
Stay in touch to get FREE career/job search advice – Follow me on Twitter and join my career groups on Linkedin & Facebook